Like many other businesses, the wrestling world has been adversely affected by the Coronavirus pandemic. It may seem like a small concern to those of us on the outside looking in. However, for those running businesses, this is an incredibly stressful time. Yesterday evening PROGRESS co-owner/booker Jon Briley took part in an Instagram q&a which brought forth lots of information about their show plans and ways that fans can continue to support if they have the means regarding the COVID-19. Here is how PROGRESS addressed the plans for the promotion during the COVID-19 moving forward.
1. Watch PROGRESStv on Twitch, we’ll be streaming there at least three times a week including Wake Up With PROGRESS most weekday mornings. There’s an option to tip on there; if you can spare a couple of pounds, that all gets pooled up and split between the company and crew/wrestlers. If you can’t afford to tip, no problem – please just help us spread the word!
2. Keep your Demand PROGRESS subscription. We’ve reduced the monthly rate down to $6.99/month (£6/month approx) during this shutdown. If you’re not subscribed, you can get a two-week free trial. If you’re already subscribed, that £6/month goes an unimaginable distance to keeping our team in rations. We’re adding new content every day during the shutdown, to keep you entertained with new pro wrestling content from around the world.
3. Our ticketing partners at DICE have opened up a donation feature.
100% of the funds donated through that gets pooled up and split between the company and crew/wrestlers. We had a large amount of people asking us if they could donate their ticket price for the cancelled events; legally we’re not allowed to simply turn your purchase into a donation, but you can! Get your money back from DICE or WWN and then, if you wish and can afford it, you can donate between £2 and £15.
4. We’ve created the “Cancelled Collection” to mark the three cancelled shows (March 29th in Camden, April 2nd in Tampa, April 20th in Camden). Profits from this benefit merch will be split between the company and those crew/wrestlers who are missing out on PROGRESS paydays due to the virus shutdown.
5. The British government has, as we write this, enforced a much wider shutdown which means that our merchandise operation is not open for at least the next three weeks. However, we are still taking orders and, if you can wait until the shutdown is lifted, that’s a great way to support us. Take a look at what we have on offer, and if any of it grabs you, order it! If there’s nothing there that grabs you right now, but you want to support anyway… we offer gift cards in denominations from £10 to £100. Right now, it all helps to keep things ticking over and to keeping our team healthy and alive!
6. If you had a ticket for one of the three cancelled shows (March 29th in Camden, April 2nd in Tampa, April 20th in Camden)…
you will get your refund automatically from DICE (for Camden shows) or from WWN (for Tampa). Please be patient, it will get done. Thank you!
7. If you’re a Club PROGRESS member, we need to work out precisely how the cancelled dates are going to play into the rest of this year. Rest assured, we will make sure that you are looked after – whether that means rolling next year’s membership over by 3 shows, or refunding 3 shows of deposits, or some other kind of make-good.
It’s a real shame for the industry that this has happened. However, the main thing is that everyone stays healthy. If you can support PROGRESS especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, or wrestling company/wrestler of choice, please do. Most importantly wash your hands and stay inside. Take care everyone.