Over Wrestle Kingdom weekend, eight titles changed hands in New Japan. Never a company to rest on its laurels it immediately used the end of the Wrestle Kingdom show and all of New Year’s Dash to begin setting up new challenges for all the titles. The traditional major show on the New Japan calendar in the month of February since 2011 has been the New Beginning 2020 Full Cards. For the third straight year, we have three nights of hard-hitting action over the course of two weekends in Sapporo and Osaka. We even have the last major tour for retiring New Japan star, Manabu Nakanishi. NJPW Announces New Beginning 2020 Full Cards.
Here are the full cards for the three New Beginning events:
New Beginning in Sapporo, Night One (February 1)
* Hirooki Goto (c) v. Shingo Takagi – NEVER Openweight Championship
* Tomohiro Ishii v. EVIL
* Kazuchika Okada and Jon Moxley v. TAICHI and Minoru Suzuki
* Tetsuya Naito and SANADA v. KENTA and Jay White
* Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI v. Ryu Lee and Robbie Eagles
* Will Ospreay, SHO, YOH and Ryusuke Taguchi v. Zack Sabre Jr., El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI
* Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma and Toa Henare v. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi and Yota Tsuji
* Tiger Mask IV and Yuya Uemura v. Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo
New Beginning in Sapporo, Night Two (February 2)
* Kazuchika Okada v. TAICHI
* Zack Sabre Jr. (c) v. Will Ospreay – RevPro British Heavyweight Championship
* Tetsuya Naito, SANADA and Hiromu Takahashi v. KENTA, Jay White and Taiji Ishimori
* Jon Moxley, SHO, YOH and Ryusuke Taguchi v. Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI
* Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii and Robbie Eagles v. Shingo Takagi, EVIL & BUSHI
* El Phantasmo v. Gabriel Kidd
* Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma and Yuya Uemura v. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi and Tiger Mask IV
* Toa Henare v. Yota Tsuji
New Beginning in Osaka (February 9)
* Tetsuya Naito (c) v. KENTA – IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships
* Jon Moxley (c) v. Minoru Suzuki – IWGP United States Championship
* Hiromu Takahashi (c) v. Ryu Lee – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
* SANADA v. Jay White
* Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay v. TAICHI and Zack Sabre Jr.
* Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson and David Finlay v. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi, and Chase Owens
* SHO & YOH (c) v. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
* Manabu Nakanishi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata v. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Toa Henare, and Ryusuke Taguchi
NJPW Announces New Beginning
Lasher’s Last Thoughts:
New Japan has set itself up for a very exciting February. They did a really good job of using the two nights of Wrestle Kingdom and New Year’s Dash to set up a really strong series of shows. The fact we have seven titles on the line in just a few weeks is very exciting.
The first two nights are led by its main events. Hirooki Goto/Tomohiro Ishii versus Shingo Takagi/EVIL was arguably one of the best matches of the entire Wrestle Kingdom weekend. The fact that is leading to two hard-hitting singles matches should be fun. Also, the idea of Jon Moxley teaming up with Kazuchika Okada. That will be a lot of fun. We also have another match in the bitter rivalry between Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr. The first weekend of New Beginning shows should be good.
The final show could be in the running for the wrestling event of the year. We have Naito versus KENTA, Takahashi versus his old rival in Ryu Lee and SANADA in what should be a great match with Jay White. But the match I am most looking forward to among the three shows is Jon Moxley versus Minoru Suzuki. It is two of the most intense men in professional wrestling finally squaring off. I cannot wait. New Beginning 2020 Full Cards announcement appears to be quite memorable. NJPW Announces New Beginning Cards.