Earlier today WWE unveiled free tier of their WWE Network. It went live as of today. While the free tier won’t have everything that a paid membership has, it still has a good amount of content.
The Free Tier of WWE Network includes:
- New shows including Raw Talk, streaming Monday nights each week immediately following Raw
- Groundbreaking original series including Monday Night War, Ride Along, Table for 3, Photo Shoot and Story Time
- Recent episodes of WWE’s flagship programs Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown and NXT
- Select historical WWE pay-per-views and NXT TakeOver events
- Weekly WWE highlights, Top 10, WWE’s The Bump, WWE Now, The Best of WWE and WWE Timeline
A statement from Jayar Donlan (WWE’s Executive VP of Advanced Media) on the news of the free tiers launch reads as follows.
“The launch of WWE Network’s Free Version is a key component of our company’s digitization strategy and a new way for all fans to be able to experience premium WWE content. As we continue to reimagine WWE Network’s offering, the Free Version will serve as an effective way to reach a broader group of consumers and allow them to experience the history and spectacle of WWE.”
WWE Network’s free version is available now. No credit card required. To access the WWE Network, download the WWE App on any device, including TVs, gaming consoles, mobile phones, tablets, and computers.
There has been speculation on WWE introducing a tiered system on the Network for some time now. Fans as a result of this can now enjoy a host of content on the WWE Network at no charge. I’m sure this will come as a welcome relief to many, as budgets tighten due to the current Covid-19 situation. You can read WWE’s full press statement here.
Be sure to stay tuned to the Pro Wrestling Post for this and additional stories from the wrestling world. Readers can rely on Pro Wrestling Post to be their daily source for all things past and present inside the squared circle from around the globe. As a result, readers can expect daily news, history, and so much more. Please visit WWE’s official website for more information as well here.